Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kosovo Food Take 1!

Once a month, I get together with 3 other fabulous women.

{picture to be replaced when our fourth musketeer rejoins us next month}

While chopping, sauteing, and baking, we also:

drink cheap but great wine.

discuss the craziness of life.

remember to stop and smell the food and enjoy girlfriends.

As I prepare to move to Kosovo, I decided to incorporate a favorite old activity {cooking club} with a soon-to-be favorite new activity {eating food I will find in Kosovo}.

First on the menu: Byrek me Spinaq {Spinach Pie}. This was a bit more difficult than I imagined.

All smiles pre-filo dough!








































Totally worth the work!

Second on the menu: Turli Perimesh {mixed vegetables}. This was a bit easier than I imagined.







































Tons of fresh chopped veggies + peeled and diced tomatoes = an Ah-to-the-mazing side dish!


Surprise on the menu: meat pies! Savory Sausage Turnovers (recipe compliments of Cooking Light). Leighann accidentally jumped in on the Albanian food theme with her d-to-the-licious recipe.



Lessons learned: 1) I could get used to this food.
2) I'll never get used to missing cooking club. xoxo, girls!


4 comments: