Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Balls and Beer? Yes Please!

Remember when I said that I see dating as an opportunity? Well, dating Mr. Umbrella means I have the opportunity to attend lots of baseball games. He's a baseball fanatic which works well because I love the outdoors, and I love beer.

After picking me up from the Allentown, Pennsylvania Airport, we headed to Coca-Cola Park to watch the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs play the Indianapolis Indians.

Snapbucket

6 bucks gets you a lawn seat which basically means a seat on a grass covered hill or a seat in the open air bar. Both are excellent options.

Snapbucket

9 bucks gets you a 22oz premium draft beer - not bad for a ballpark!

Snapbucket

4 bucks gets you a fresh, made-to-order, grilled-in-front-of-your-eyes, chicken gyro.
D-to-the-licious!

Snapbucket

But the best little hidden gem of this AAA park wasn't the Landshark lager, affordability, or food. It was the fact that the park looks out onto a view of the Poconos Mountains. I mean they aren't the Rockies, but they still make for a spectacular background at a baseball park.



No comments:

Post a Comment