Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cookie Monsters and Student Love.

Yesterday, I got the following email from a student.

Miss Allison,

I was wondering if you could send me the receipt for your cookies. I want to bake them in heart shaped form since it's Valentine's Day. The reason I'm asking for the receipt of your cookies is that I like them very much. Just send me a as simple as you can receipt if you don't mind, please...
You would really help me.


I thought that maybe some of you might also like the de-to-the-licious receipt {:)} I discovered while reading my fav magazine, Real Simple. And I'm pretty sure heart-shaping 'um up would still be a very good, post-Valentine's Day, idea.

{On a total teacher side note, this cookie compared with a traditional chocolate chip cookie can make a really great topic for a compare/contrast paragraph.}

Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter
24 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.

In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and 12 oz (2 cups) of the chocolate. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth; let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.

Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not over mix). Fold in the remaining 12 oz (2 cups) of chocolate. Let cool for 15 minutes.

Drop mounds of the dough (about 1 heaping tbsp each) 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.

Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges and cracked on the tops, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.







No comments:

Post a Comment