Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Big Taste. Scarce Options.

After returning from a trip, inevitably, people quickly ask the question, "how was the food?"  Which is natural, and I love food, so I really don't mind discussing entrees until I can almost retaste them.
But Barcelona was sort of a let down for a foodie.
Delicious but limited is how I have come to describe the city's cuisine.
{And because I had the amazing pleasure of visiting the city 2x this summer, I actually did notice the lack of options.}

Being my favorite menu option, I pretty much overdosed on gazpacho.

DSC_0004

Fell in love with paella.

DSC_0040

Almost drowned in sangria and fresh seafood.

DSC_08622

And of course, ate my weight in bravas potatoes, tortillas, croquettes and other tapas.

DSC_0914

DSC_1122

DSC_1124

DSC_0912

DSC_1125

DSC_0860

Once in a while, I chased my favs down with some white bread spread with pureed tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment