Thursday, December 22, 2011

Switzerland to France by Train.

I would call our train from Saas-Fee to Lyon, France, the poor man's Glacier Express. I mean, the train route we took through the Swiss and French Alps, small ski villages, and sunset vistas may not have come with the words, "A train to fall in love with" stamped on the tickets, but I think we fell in love just the same.



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



There may be nothing better than riding a train with two great friends, a couple bottles of budget wine, and windows that frame the Alps at sunset.



For train information, check websites well in advance. You may want to look into the Europass, which offers the most flexibility. But if you know your travel dates, buying individual tickets may actually be cheaper. Enter your planned trip at http://www.railsaver.com/ to find which strategy will cost you the least.

2 comments:

  1. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I just emailed you...so let's be in touch soon!

    ReplyDelete